Campo Viejo’s dedication to Rioja winemaking, alongside the most advanced winemaking techniques available, has allowed us to create modern twists on traditional methods to deliver progressive styles of Rioja that satisfy todays discerning modern palates. “Attention to detail and the pursuit of excellence make Dominio our premium wine. it’s elegant, fruity, powerful and infinitely complex”, said Elena Adell, Campo Viejo Winemaker.
Winemaking and ageing:
– Varieties: Tempranillo, Garnacha and Mazuelo
– Fermented in stainless steel vats at a controlled temperature of around 25ºC.
– Long maceration with skins for approximately 28 days. Six different and individual vinifications are conducted from the five plots.
– Aged for 11 months in French oak casks coming from two specific forests: Tronçais and Bertranges. The wood is personally selected in the origin in close collaboration with our coopers to obtain materials that respect the characteristics, originality and essence of the wine.
– Surprising colour, dark garnet, of high layer, deep.
– On the nose, we appreciate its big aromatic diversity. Very intense, dominating the red fresh fruit (cherry, plum, blackberry, cranberry), melted with the toasted spice and sweet notes of the wood.
– Great power and concentration on the palate. It is fresh, fragrant, appearing at once fleshy and softly tannic.
– Its final ending is silky, greasy. We recover the toasty, chocolate, strawberry red and the elegance of the mineral.